GPass 2.0 released
The World' Gate, Inc. Releases Internet Anti-jamming Product, GPass 2.0, as Part of its Internet Freedom Program
Atlanta, GA, Feb. 22, 2007 – The World's Gate, Inc., today unveiled the latest version of its Internet anti-jamming product, GPass 2.0. GPass 2.0 integrates online security tools, encrypted storage, and personal data management tools into a single application, and aims to be the best online companion for users under adverse Internet censorship.
GPass is widely used by users in China to overcome Internet jamming. Compared with traditional privacy and anti-jamming products, GPass'sinnovative advantages include capabilities to support Web2.0 websites, online multimedia, and communication tools such as email and instant messengers. More importantly, it effectively protects user privacy and online safety by providing a secure Internet access mechanism for their online transactions.
Highlights of GPass 2.0 improvements include (see http://www.gpass1.com/help2/en.php)
- Significant speed improvement.
- It supports applications such as Skype, MSN text chat, and Outlook Express.
- It can be used as a replacement of SocksCap with external socks5 servers.
- Several new functional modules are added, including a bookmark manager, multi-track calendar planner, to-do list, and safe notes. To ensure information security for end users, the data in these modules is saved with AES256 strong encryption.
- The user interface language can be switched between English and Chinese, and the appearance can be customized using "skins"
"We share the same vision as The Global Online Freedom Act passed unanimously in the US Congress in June 2006," stated Alex Wang, Vice President, The World's Gate, Inc. The above Bill states that "the growth of the Internet and other information technologies can be a force for democratic change if the information is not subject to political censorship... Unfortunately, authoritarian regimes including Belarus, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iran, Laos, North Korea, Tunisia, and Vietnam as well as China all block, restrict, and monitor the free flow of information on the Internet... The US government and US companies must stand with the oppressed, not the oppressor."
The World's Gate, Inc. is a private IT company offering Internet solutions for information freedom in China and other regions under suppressive regimes. Its current products include Internet based content, communications and anti-jamming platforms (www.edoors.com)
GPass 2.0 is available for download as a freeware for personal use at http://www.gpass1.com/gpass/download
The World's Gate, Inc.
Email: alexw at(@) edoors.info